Version 3.2 of the CGA Client and Server is now available!
- Mac OSX now supported!
- Windows and Mac client include a small menu program. In Windows the shortcut is named "Classic Gaming Arena" and you have the option during install to add it to the desktop and/or the quick launch. It is also in the start menu. On Mac it is the default program run when the application is launched. It is also now launched by default for the Windows client if nothing is passed on the command line instead of the website being opened.
- Corrected the bug that played a "player left" sound whenever someone left any game room on the server the client was connected.
- Added a debug mode option to the client configuration which will allow the player to see all the dos commands being run by DOSBox. It will also pause execution before the game runs and after the game exits. This feature works in multiplayer, single player and game setup mode. This option is also configurable from the configuration program under the misc tab.
- New logo icon now being used where applicable.
- Removed the authentication check that matches the client's hostname from a DNS lookup to the hostname passed in from the website which could cause an access denied error if they did not match due to a cached DNS record that was different.
- Website no longer performs reverse DNS lookups. This will improve performance of the site for users that a hostname cannot be retrieved for whatever reason.
Click here to download the latest client and server.