- Fixed issue where the client was no longer properly auto reconnecting to the chat server if the chat server dropped the connection.
- Fixed bug wherein the user's online status was not being updated when logging out.
- Refactored code related to game rooms and the main game room lobby list view which should resolve most of the "Index out of bounds" errors. This also resolved similar errors when switching to another Windows user account and back to the previous account, re-entering windows after locking/sleeping the computer as well as another scenario if you had a game room selected in the lobby view and game rooms where automatically added or removed via real-time notications.
- Fixed issues with other list views causing "Index out of bounds" errors when switching to another Windows user account and back to the previous account or re-entering windows after locking/sleeping the computer.
- Renamed the "Room" button on chat rooms to "Online".
- Added option to the configuration screen under the Games tab to set a default game room filter.
- Game room filter will now default to "All Rooms".
- Renamed game room filter "Rooms on Your Servers" to "Rooms on My Servers".
- Added game room filter "All for My Games" which will display all game rooms regardless of availability for all your configured games.
- Fixed issue with game rooms not adding, updating or deleting from the main game room list based on the selected game room filters from real-time notifications.
- Added configuration option under the Games tab of the configuration screen to default "Allow Audio Chat" to on or not when creating games rooms. It defaults to off.
- Moved the P2P warning message to a game room creator that the game must be launched before the room becomes visible to other players to below the game options listing in the chat window.
- Moved the message to a game room creator that they may change the max number of players to below the game options listing in the chat window.
- Moved the message stating that a game is in progress with a temporary lowered player count to below the game options listing in the chat window.
- P2P game rooms will now be announced to the chat lobby and Discord afer the owner launches the game and their client connects to the game room.
- Fixed bug wherein a P2P game room would be created with auto launch enabled if a dedicated server was selected before the P2P server option was selected.
- Fixed bug where offline P2P game rooms would disappear from the owner's game room list when refreshing the game room list.
- Fixed bug where an access violation would be thrown when selecting the game room filter "Rooms on My Servers" and you have created P2P rooms.
- You can now use the delete key to delete game rooms.
- You can now use the delete key to delete user chat rooms.
- P2P game rooms are now linked to the user game profile they were created under and when the P2P ports of a user game profile are changed the associated P2P game room relay ports will be updated.
- Added an option under the Games tab of the configuration screen to allow auto launching the game of a P2P game room when creating it.
- Reworked Windows suspend/resume event handler logic to completely logout and then log back in instead of just disconnecting/reconnecting to the chat server. This also resolves some issues if the user logged in from another location while the suspended system was offline and then brought back online.
- Fixed issue where logging in after logging out was not always re-enabling the chat room drop down.
- Removed the back/forward game room buttons.
- Added a "My Games" button to the gamme room lobby control bar.
- Added labels to the "Rooms" and "Profiles" game room dropdowns.
- Changed the "Leave All" game rooms button to just an "X" and moved it to the far right of the game rooms control bar.
- Game rooms listed in the game room dropdown and menus are now listed using the game room name and the game name in brackets.
- Added labels to the "Rooms" and "Avail Rooms" chat room dropdowns.
- Changed the "Leave All" chat rooms button to just an "X" and moved it to the far right of the chat rooms control bar.
- Added configuration option under the Chat tab of the configuration screen "Disable friend status notifications" which, when enabled will suppress friend online/offline and AFK messages from being printed to the chat windows.
- User and game XP gains as well as user level and game level gains are now logged to the client log file as they occur and to the lobby chat window and game room chat window. The game entry in the my games list will also be updated.
- Fixed bug where an access denied error could occur when connecting to a game room server and the server owner changed their server to no longer require a password and a user still has the old password cached.
- Updated the "You cannot enter this game room" error message to provide more information such as the "Game room is full", "Game room is no longer available", "You do not have configured" and "Your selected profile's config type does not allow for configuring ".
(may need to revisit this at a later time)
- Fixed bug when adding a new game and attempting to set shader files or sound font files throws an access violation.
- Fixed bug where the game XP and level for a newly added game was defaulting to 0 XP and level 1 instead of using the values passed from the backend. Was either accidentally undone in the modem Windows version or only done in the Win9x version. Either way, it now works as it was supposed to in the last update.
- Fixed bug wherein you could enter a game room for a game you just deleted.
- Game rooms will now be refreshed after deleting a configured game.
- If you are in a game room for a game you just deleted you will be removed from that game room.
- Fixed bug where the "Setup" and "Play" buttons on the edit game screen would not run a game when editing the game from the game room screen and the game was not selected in the "My Games" list.
- Fixed bug where the edit game room button would not re-enable after launching the game, exiting and returning to the game room for permanent game rooms.
- Fixed issue wherein trying to enter a game room for a game that's not configured and cannot be configured due to the current game profile's config type (ie: GOG, Steam) and the user would not be asked to switch profiles.
- Temporary game rooms will now expire after 24 hours.
- If trying to launch a game from a game room and the room is no longer available or expired you will now be removed from the room automatically after affirming the error message.
- Refactored all user list view related code in a similar way to the game room and chat room list view code which should resolve any "Index out of Bounds" errors and possible access violations being caused due to similar scenarios as stated above.
- Merged the game room user and server user lists and their functionality. The "Room" and "Server" buttons/tabs have been removed.
- Upon entering a game room the user listing will now show the connected states of each user immediately.
- Game rooms will now notifiy players when any player has started and completed downloading mods/maps. Added a yellow icon which will change out to denote downloading. Updated the audio chat talking/quiet icons to match the other icons in style.
- Updated the audio chat disabled and muted user icons to match the style of the other icons.
- Fixed bug where a user's auto chat status might not update to disabled if it was transitioning from talking/quiet or vise versa.
- Added a new game room user icon when connected to the game room and no audio chat is being used.
- Fixed bug where a user's local muted status icon might not update to muted if it was transitioning from talking/quiet or vise versa.
- Fixed issue where dedicated server authentication could fail if the game room server was changed due to some of the game room and server fields not being pulled from the backend after receiving the game room update notification.
Click here to download the latest client.
Join us on Discord! Looking for someone to play with? Checkout the DOSBox Deathmatch Club!